Introduction course on the Tibetan medicine
The short description of an introduction course of the Tibetan medicine (dietology, a way of life, seasonal regulation).
The course of the Tibetan medicine is intended not only for physicians. It mentions that part of the Tibetan medicine which describes section of “a healthy way of life» and consequently it is useful for all. The most important thing on this course that we not only receive the information on «what is useful, and what is not useful», but we learn to understand why is necessary for us to do this, or that.
It means that we can apply to ourselves that is useful for us, and just right now. Such an individual approach-is a main value of the Tibetan medicine. Really, there are no products absolutely useful or harmful, all depends on our situation.
This view is illustrated by a classical and simple example: for the cold person the sun will be a medicine, but by the overheat –it is harm. And moreover — even the sun will be useful for the cold person only for some time. Then it comes to the moment when something useful before, will start to bring return result.
Therefore it is necessary to know precisely what and when it is useful for us, and to influence the state of our health consciously, applying properties of foodstuff in a combination with other factors of life. The review of these factors also is included in a course on the Tibetan medicine.
Themes on a course of the Tibetan medicine.
1. A basis for understanding — the theory of 5 elements (Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Space).
Elements are understood as world «bricks». All consists of them that we perceive: world around, our body, foodstuff. Change of seasons, change of inner state is a dance of 5 elements, while one or another shows their qualities more or less. We learn to understand what elements more strongly express themselves — in seasons, in foodstuff; get to know what qualities they have and how these qualities influence us in the form of tastes, qualities of products, seasons, etc.
2. A body of the person.
- Bases of functioning (physiology). Power system of a body.
- Three systems of regulation (dosha) — wind (Vata), bile (Pitta), slime (Kapha). The information on three dosha — basis for the Tibetan medicine. All processes proceeding in an organism, health and illness, is considered as interaction of three dosha. In the European understanding these systems are considered at three levels: material — as substances and body; power-as energy and function streams; and mental — as mental tendencies.
- Places of activity of three dosha in a body. Three systems (dosha) are present in all places of an organism, however in some organs and tissues they are presented more strongly, and work of each organ in a greater degree depends more often on one of 3 dosha. For example, 80 percents of diseases of a large intestine are connected with frustration of wind dosha, disease of a small intestine — with bile etc.
- 7 types of the constitution of the person. One of the reasons that there are no universal diets is that that all of us — different. A constitution, mental reactions, activity of digestion — our features are determined by one (or two) from three dosha, and consequently for each of us various methods are necessary to correct a condition. Something that fits to a thin and fast wind type, will harm to slow and steady slime. Competently to regulate the condition it is necessary to know features of functioning of the type. Foodstuff and external factors influence in own way different constitutions. We will estimate their quality proceeding not from abstract «utility», but consciously, being guided by our situation.
The cookery has created many different dishes, but there is no necessity to remember qualities each of them. Products are divided into groups, and each group of products has the basic vector of influence. For example, all meat or flour products will have the general orientation. After definition of the individual constitution each listener will choose that set of dishes which fits his type. Sections of a theme «Foodstuff»:
- Meat kinds
- Dishes (change of properties of products depending on a preparation kind)
- Incompatible combinations.
Example: Wheat — sweet, heavy, cold, nutritious. Treats wind and bile, increases slime. Fits to constitutional «bile» type; harms «slime» type. Sugar-sweet, heavy, cold. Treats bile, increases slime.
4. A way of life.
Our daily habits and working conditions, type of activity – all of this influences 3 dosha, our condition. Short, but extremely important information one more powerful level for regulation of our condition. Simple rules which are known for a very few people.
Example: a lot of speaking person (for example, a lecturer, a teacher) is in the circumstances damaging wind dosha, and it is necessary for him to take preventive measures for health preservation.
It’s strange, but we do not find seasonal correction in any feed system. During each season one or two of 5 elements is activated and it naturally causes activity of different dosha, each of them becomes more vulnerable in «its own» season. Knowing the constitution we know a season when we should take care of our health especially. A right feed in accordance with seasons and individual constitution — a key to health, prophylaxis of diseases, and their treatment. It is said that if to live for some years keeping to a corrected diet according to seasons, you will recover from all diseases because all three dosha will be in balance.
Example: If in the cold winter we decide to hunger, we can receive deep frustration of a wind because the wind needs nutritious, warm food.
Correction rules of a condition in the Tibetan medicine are simple. We should learn to work with all four factors. Two of them we cannot change: it is our congenital individual constitution (genetically caused) both seasons; and two which we can regulate — a diet and a way of life.
Thus the scheme is following. We define «who we are». We get to know what foodstuff and factors of a way of life is useful for us, and what discomposes us, the list of properties of products and factors will be listed. Having this information we form «our» set for ourselves, we define basic «milestones» which will be necessary for us during all our life.
After some time and formation of a habit selection of products starts to be carried out automatically, without the intellectual analysis. We correct developed image of a food and life style depending on a changing external situation: basically on seasons, «according to plan»; or we correct at non-standard, «force major» situations when we are ill (a flu etc.), or have quickly changed living conditions (have gone to Egypt in winter, or you are overworked, a big stress and so on)
After returning to habitual level of functioning we back again to «our» main principles of a feed and behavior. There is no necessity to exhaust ourselves by invented combinations of products because we simply start to follow natural needs of our organism.
In order to register for introduction courses on Tibetan Medicine please fill in the form below.